According to Bloomberg, the future is not going to be slow. With more players than ever in the trade market, speed of trading would provide a valuable advantage for capturing the most competitive trade prices. Low latency trades are even more important for high-frequency trades, given that most of them employ arbitrage strategies, which rely on millisecond pricing differences to earn profits. Therefore, it is imperative that one places an emphasis on low latency in their matching engine modules.
Other than low latency, these are other features that help to improve the matching engine module:
- Support of Price/time algorithm, matching bids and offers with priority given to those entered into the system first and Request for Quote (RFQ), requesting and receiving quotes from market makers.
- Detection of market abuse and ensuring compliance with rules and regulations, including: alert parameter calibration, real-time supervision, order book replay and visualisation.
- Supports a wide range of order types such as Limit, Market, Stop, Fill or Kill, Good till Date, Good till Time, Good till Cancelled.
- Multiple external connectivity options, such as an API gateway that supports standard protocols including gRPC, REST and WebSockets and FIX support.
Hydra X Matching Engine module matches up bids and offers comprehensively and helps ensure low latency, operational stability and high-performance trades. The following are the list of micro-features:
- Microservice architecture: ensures operational efficiency and fault redundancy and recovery. These ensure synchronous replication of data across RDS deployments to provide data redundancy, failover support and coherent disaster recovery.
- Scalable architecture: supports on-premise, cloud, or mixed deployments, and scales according to the number of machines and databases.
- Support of multiple assets: allows the trading of any instrument that trades within a regular order book, and also supports arbitrary-precision decimal pricing and quantities.
- Multi-core processing and fast gRPC/protobuf connections: enhance scalability.
Matching Engine modules are essential in helping trading companies stay ahead and competitive in trades – especially when there are more players in the market turning digital. Furthermore, the trend for fast trading will continue to increase, given that algorithmic trading is on the rise as it is one of the most liquid markets.
If you are interested to see more about trading technology, follow Hydra X on Linkedin for updates on the latest trading technology. Deploy your electronic marketplace with Hydra X today.